bartstationbard: (Default)
[personal profile] bartstationbard
Yes, we all knew they were going to do it. Thanks to the heads-up there was time to lay some groundwork.

But it's different somehow to see it happen.

I have had out of state pregnant people sleep at my place back in the 90s. Back then, it was Idaho and other restrictive states. Now, what will the avalanche look like it California? At least now it is possible to do it at home, with safe and effective drugs.

I had an abortion back in the 80s. I was 19 and my birth control failed. Even with a wonderful, supportive boyfriend the experience was pretty awful, but I am grateful beyond words for Planned Parenthood of San Francisco. My older relatives had it a lot worse. Believe it or not, in the 1950s in Ohio there were actually places they sent unwed mothers to give birth.

I don't know what to do. Money, yes--but that isn't enough. Yes, if you need a place out in Dreamwidth land, I'm here. But that offer, too, isn't enough.

But it's a start.

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

bartstationbard: (Default)
bartstationbard

July 2022

S M T W T F S
     12
345 6 789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Style Credit

Page generated Oct. 10th, 2026 01:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios